September 4, 2012
The top applicants are already approved by CCP! Please check your emails to know if you are invited to the Film Clinic at Tanauan City on Sept 8.
August 23, 2012
1. Short Film Competition (15-20 minutes running time)
- This contest is open to all Tertiary Level students who are enrolled in the 1st and/or 2nd semester SY 2012-2013 of any School Institution in Batangas.
- The film must be in narrative format and must not have joined any other Film Festival.
- Submissions may be made in English or Filipino.
2. The theme of the competition is “AKO BATANGUEÑO!”
3. All interested participants must submit the following through an online application form here on or before August 29:
- Your name, school, course and contact information
- 1 Paragraph Synopsis of the proposed short film (see sample Cinemalaya synopses here)
- Youtube Link/s to Sample Work (not required but will help in the screening process)
4. The Top 100 applicants will be invited to attend a Film Clinic to be conducted by CCP Film Division on September 8 at the Gov. Modesto Castillo Memorial Cultural Center, Tanauan City (in front of the old Municipal Hall, Plaza Mabini and the St. John the Evangelist Church).
- Attendance is compulsory.
- The clinic’s purpose is to hone and polish the submitted synopsis into a well-crafted, production-ready screenplay for a 20-minute short film.
5. Deadline of submission of the completed short film is on November 19, 2012. The following materials must be submitted in a sealed long plastic envelope.
- Printed and Accomplished Entry Form
- 3 x DVD copy of the film (with English Subtitles)
- Printed 1 page synopsis of the film (less than 300 words)
- Printed complete List of Production Staff & Cast (name, designation and contact no)
- 1 x Movie Poster for the entry (printed on 8×12” photo paper)
- 1 x File DVD containing the following :
a) Entry in .avi format (or any compressed high-quality video format playable on PC, preferably in HD) with text subtitle
b) 1-minute trailer of the entry in .avi format (or any compressed format, preferably in HD)
c) .JPG copy of the poster (12w x 18h” 300 dpi)
d) Ten (10) Behind-the-Scene pictures in .JPG format
e) Soft copies of the Accomplished Entry Form, Synopsis and List of Production Staff
Kindly submit your entries to the Tourism Office, Batangas Provincial Capitol, Batangas City.
Rules and Regulations
1. All entries must be shot and edited in digital video format.
2. All music used must be original, licensed, in the public domain or as permitted by fair use clause.
3. Works exceeding the prescribed duration (including the title and credits) or shorter will be disqualified.
4. Works which began before August 1, 2012 are not qualified.
5. The deadline of submission of the final film is on November 19, 2012. Ten (10) Finalists will be selected from the submissions. These finalists will be announced on the week of November 26, 2012.
6. The ten (10) Finalists will be screened in the Ala Eh! Festival – Film Fest at the Gov. Modesto Castillo Hall 2nd Floor in Tanauan City, Batangas during the Ala Eh! Festival 2012 (December 1-8, 2012).
7. The criteria for judging is as follows:
- WOW FACTOR! : Overall Impact – 40%
- CONTENT : Narrative Excellence & Thematic Relevance – 30%
- TECHNIQUE : Cinematic Style & Proficiency – 30%
The decision of the Board of Judges is final and binding.
8. The Prizes and Citations are as follows:
Best Film – P50,000 with Trophy
Special Jury Prize – P25,000 with Trophy (chosen by judges)
Audience Choice Award – P10,000 with Trophy (voted by audience)
Citations (with P1000 cash and certificate)
Best Production Design
9. Participants retain the ownership rights to their film but grant non-exclusive rights to the Batangas Provincial Government to use the entries for projects and events of Batangas Province.