“Balikan ang alaala ng may pagpapasalamat, mabuhay ngayon ng may kasigasigan, harapin ang darating na panahon ng may pag asa” ika ni Archbishop Gilbert Garcera D. D. sa misa ng pasasalamat noong ika-8 ng Disyembre, 2019 sa pagbubukas ng ika-438th taong pagkakatatag ng Probinsya ng Batangas.
Pagkatapos ng banal na misa ay ibinigay kay Archbishop Gilbery Garcera ng kagalang-galang na Punong Gobernador ng Batangas Hermilando Mandanas ang Provincial History Books at pagbindisyon sa mga plake at medalya na siyang ibibigay sa mga natatanging Batangueño sa larangan ng Kultura at Sining at mga munisipalidad at bayan na gagawaran ng Seal of Good Local Government.
Narine ang listahan ng mga natatanging Batangueño:
Batangas Artist Award
1. Visual Arts – Jorge G. Banawa (Taal) – Currently the President of Grupo Sining Batangueño (GSB), he is a National Champion in various Painting Competitions in the Philippines such as Rizal National Painting Competition, Jose Rizal in Europe and Quo Vadis Overseas Filipinos National Painting Competition.
2. Music – Christine Viloria (Batangas City) – A Vocal Coach and music director of Sining Kumintang for the past 25 years.
3. Dance – Generoso A. Caringal (Ibaan) – Recipient of various national awards such as Gawad sa Sayaw 1997, Gawad Gatpuno Award 2008 and recently the Diwa ng Lahi 2018. He was also cited in the CCP Encyclopedia of Philippine Art for Dance.
4. Architecture – Ar. Suzette Chua-Caringal (Ibaan) – Ar. Suzette’s is an accredited ASEAN Architect who designed the St. Lorenzo Ruiz Parish Church in Taysan, Batangas, St. James the Greater Parish Bicentennial Bell Tower and St. Francis De Sales Major Seminary in Lipa.
5. Theater – Dennis Marasigan (Lipa City) – Artistic Director of CCP Resident Theater Company, former Executive Director of MTRCB and cited in the CCP Encyclopedia of Philippine Art for Theater.
Heritage Preservation Advocate Award
Enrique Zobel Foundation (Calatagan) – A non-profit organization that advocates conservation of Philippine heritage particularly indigenous traditions. The Foundation financed the 2018-2019 cultural mapping of the town of Calatagan and continues to work for the preservation of Batangas culture, chairmanship of the Sub-Committee on Culture, Regional Development Council.
Folk Artist Award
Mga Manunubli ng Sinala (Bauan) – Elders of Sinala, Bauan who have kept the tradition of worship and dance ritual of the Subli for 21 number of years. The elders have been exposed abroad through the sponsorship of the Pastor family in the 90s.
Eminent Person Award
1. Dr. Bienvenido Lumbera – National Artist for Literature in 2006, Ramon Magsaysay Awardee for Journalism, Literature and Creative Communication Arts in 1993, Gawad Pambansang Alagad ni Balagtas and a Carlos Palanca Memorial Awardee for Literature.
2. Mr. Virgilio Cuizon – Presidential Banaag Awardee, LINKAPIL Awardee (Lingkod sa Kapwa Pilipino), Man of the Year 2005 of American Biographical Institute, North Carolina USA, Ten Outstanding Person Award in Germany, Sponsor to a various local artist in Europe and Canada and former Vice-Chair of Batangas Culture and Arts Council. Represented by Mrs. Loida Cuizon Casilao
3. Atty. Antonio Pastor –Lawyer, philanthropist, pianist and soprano, an active donor of real estate for public buildings and financiers in Batangas City of school buildings, church, cultural structures and other charitable works for the past seven (7) decades.
Nagkaroon din ng Ceremonial Cutting of the Cake na gawa sa Kapeng Barako at performance ng iba’t ibang manunugtog, mananayaw at manganganta.
Mayaman ang Batangas pamula sa Kultura, Sining, Kasaysayan, Pagkain, Destinasyon, Wika at iba pa kaya tunay namang dapat nating ipagmalaki ang pagiging Batangueño!