Canossa Academy of Lipa City is one of the four schools owned and administered by the Canossian Sisters in the Philippines. These Sisters belong to the religious congregation called the Canossian Daughters of Charity, which originated in Verona, Italy and whose members are spread all over the world. They came to the Philippines in 1954 from the Canossian Province of Hongkong to open apostolic mission where they are needed. They opened a school in Sta. Rosa, Laguna in 1954, San Pablo City in 1955 and Calamba, Laguna in 1964.
Canossa Academy of Lipa City is a Canossian school community in the Philippines which aims at the:
EDUCATION OF CHRISTIAN PERSON SHARER OF GOD’S LOVE, capable of ASSUMING RESPONSIBILITY in the TRANSFORMATION OF FAMILY, COMMUNITY, CHURCH and NATION in SOLIDARITY with the MOST IN NEED.
Eight (8) Core Values
1. OPENNESS TO TRUTH – The Canossian educator is open to reality, truth and growth of oneself and of people. As a genuine human being, he/she takes upon himself/herself as a personal responsibility to recognize, encourage and to use every opportunity that will develop and enhance himself/herself and other in each one’s potential and unique giftedness.
2. PATRIOTISM AND CULTURAL INTEGRATION – He/She has deepening awareness and appreciation of his/her unique Filipino roots (values, customs and traditions), who can blend the native and foreign and begin to live with greater harmony an integrate within himself/herself as well as with others, accepting cultural differences, and racial and ethnic wealth.
3. CREATIVE TEAMWORK – He/She is a generous giver who exemplifies the desires and the willingness to share talent and time in building the school/faith communities. He/She is trusting, understanding, zealous, persevering, patient and cooperative, and behaves with spontaneity and in simplicity. He/She is an information seeker and sharer who has learned to listen and communicate and is capable of assuming different positions and roles in any group. He/She can coordinate group interactions and activities, accept and integrate ideas and suggestions of others and who cam draw together divergent viewpoints and activities for the common good.
4. SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY – He/She works toward the well-being and equality of persons; engages himself/herself in programs and projects which promote social justice and peace. In all these situations, he/she is able to respond peacefully even when met by violence. He/She treats the earth non-violently, conserves resources and respects the delicate ecological balance.
5. UPRIGHTNESS AND SELF-DISCIPLINE – He/She is honest, sincere and transparent in his/her words and actions. He/She is self-disciplined, knows how to delay gratification, weighs facts objectively, suspends judgment until further evidence and waits calmly for life’s gradual unfolding revelation. He/She is a person with a vision, who can value, take a stand and act and live by what he/she believes.
6. SELFLESS CARING – He/She is a concerned citizen who unifies past situations, present experiences and future thrusts in building life giving and love-nurturing environments. He/She can discover issues beyond the limits of self-concern and reach out freely to others – in the local, national and global communities, especially in programs and projects which promote social justice, peace and the good of the poor, the disadvantaged.
7. COMPETENCY/SKILLS – He/She is a prepared professional who develops within himself/herself as well as the students the necessary life-learning tools for communication, problem-solving, decision-making, and creativity, as well as an informational framework which will prepare them for life. He/She demonstrates confidence in thinking, expressing and working as well as a mastery of his/her subject areas. As a well rounded person, he/she shows artistic and cultural abilities in appreciating music, literature and the arts, basic athletic skills and sportsmanship and can commit himself/herself in religious, social and civic activities.
8. RICH IN FAITH – He/She is a committed Christian who witnesses to the message of Christ as revealed in his person, the Scriptures, sacramental life, community doctrine, and the traditional heritage of the Church. He/She is reflective and is able to relate ordinary and significant events and experiences in his/her life, family, parish and acts based on Christian principles. He/She participates willingly and actively in liturgical practices. Equipped with knowledge of Christ, he/she becomes a sharer of God’s love to others. Canossa Academy of Lipa City is a Canossian school community in the Philippines which aims at the:
Canossa Educative Community
I. School Administrative Board
Superior – Sr. Gemma Umaclap, FdCC
Directress – Sr. Lilia U. Nuesca, FdCC
GS / HS Principal – Ms. Norma M. Mista / Mr. Medel B. Magbuhos
GS / HS Asst. Principal – Ms. Yolanda L. Magsino / Ms. Remy E. Magnaye
Human Resource Center Coordinator – Sr. Rose A. Aquino, FdCC
Treasurer – Sr. Editha B. Tan, FdCC
Registrar – Mrs. Olivia A. Sarmiento
Pre – School – Ms. Norma M. Mista
Religion – Sr. Dinnah Dimaano, FdCC
Math – Mrs. Nena L. Valencia / Ms. Dories B. Dimaunahan
English – Mrs. Estela M. Bautista / Ms. Jasmin Biscocho
Science – Mrs. Isabelita C. Del Rosario / Mrs. Noliza A. Custodio
Filipino – Mrs. Martina S. Martinez / Ms. Evelyn C. de Ocampo
AP / HKS – Mrs. Eden D. Adoc / Ms. Remy E. Magnaye
THE / MAPE – Mrs. Eden D. Adoc / Mrs. Nancy M. Valdez
Student Activity Program – Ms. Pamela C. Banaga / Ms. Maryrose M. Alarcon
Canossa Reach Out Program – Sr. Gemma Umaclap, FdCC / Sr. Belen Leopoldo, FdCC
Physical Plant – Sr. Editha B. Tan, FdCC
Academic / Non – Academic Members
Janitorial, Custodial, Security Staff
San Carlos, Lipa City 4217 – Batangas, Philippines
Telephone No. (043) 756-1329, (043) 756-1819
Email Address: email@example.com
Website Address: www.canossalipa.edu.ph