This is the August 2013 issue of the WOWBatangas.com Newsletter. Click here for the September Issue.
Every first holds something memorable for us to keep. Each day begins with a different story to tell, no matter how trivial or routinary it may be for you.
Historical accounts are bounded by stories of firsts, start of something, an origin, a debut. First, dawn, beginning. Simple words coated with importance, value, time, effort, passion, love.
WOWBatangas.com had done some firsts here in Batangas. Two of them which created great impact are (1) being the first online community website which upholds the goodness of this province and its people and (2) being first to build a continuously growing Facebook network of Batangueños all over the world.
We made it all online. Now, we’re taking steps offline. This August, we are releasing the maiden issue of WOWBatangas Newsletter – the offline counterpart of our website. It’s like a capsule of all the things you will see online every month – stories, photos, videos, events, destinations, businesses, and some important reminders for every Batangueño.
So when you see it somewhere, take time to read, grab a copy if you can or sign up for free!
Table of Contents
- The Maiden Issue – WOWBatangas.com Newsletter
- Kapeng Barako ng Batangas: A Story of Firsts, Rise and Downfall, and Our Efforts for Rejuvenation
- Pagkaing Batangueno na Mainam sa Tag-Ulan
- Casa Corazon’s Motorcycle Museum, First in the Philippines
- The Maliputo Festival of San Nicolas, Batangas and How It Began
- Sangguniang Panlalawigan 8th Congress Officially Opens
- Rabbit Farming Inspires Fil-Ams Return
- Try This : 30 Days to Explore Batangas
- Photographer’s Guide to Batangas
- How to Start a Business in Batangas
- WOWBatangas Lifestyle for August – Featuring the Work of Batangueno Photographers
- 10 Firsts in Batangas
- Featured Video for August – Sky is Everywhere 3 | The Memory is Fleeting
On the cover:
Sumaya Abu Alhawala, a graduate of BS Business Administration Major in Marketing Management from De La Salle Lipa. This 20-year-old beauty, a former Director for Training of DLSL’s Junior Marketing Association, is among the 30 official candidates of Mutya ng Pilipinas 2013. She represented the City of Lipa.
Special Thanks to:
Gown (adorned by Batangas Coffee Beans) : Ms. Ycel Borbon-Hernandez
Manager and Stylist : Mr. Jun A. Magana