Minimum public health standards shall be complied with at all times for the duration of the GCQ.
Under the GCQ, movement of all persons shall be limited to accessing essential goods and services, and for work in the offices or industries permitted to operate.
Movement for leisure purposes is not allowed.
NOT ALLOWED TO GO OUT
- Persons below 21 years old
- Persons 60 years old and above
- Those with immunodeficiency, comorbidities, or other health risks.
- Pregnant Women
- Any person who resides with the aforementioned.
Except when obtaining essential goods or services.
Under the GCQ, work in government offices may be at full operational capacity, or under such alternatives work arrangements as agencies may deem proper in accordance with issuances by the CIVIL Service Commission (CSC).
ALLOWED TO OPERATE
Category I Industries
Agriculture, Fisheries, and Forestry Industries, Food Manufacturing and Food Supply Chain Businesses, including food retail establishments such as supermarkets, grocery stores, and food preparation establishments insofar as take-out and delivery services food delivery services, health-related establishments, the logistics sector, information technology and telecommunications companies, the media at full operational capacity.
Category II Industries
Mining and other manufacturing, export-oriented, and electronic commerce companies, as well as other delivery, repair and maintenance, and housing and office services, anywhere between fifty percent (50%) up to full operational capacity, and without prejudice to work-from-home and other alternative work arrangements.
Category III Industries
Financial services, BPOs, legal and accounting, and auditing services, professional, scientific, technical, and other non-leisure services, and other non-leisure wholesale and retail establishments, at a maximum of fifty percent (50%) work-on-site arrangement, and without prejudice to work-from-home and other alternative work arrangements. Specific industries under each category are reflected in a separate document issued by the DTI.
Under the GCQ, malls and shopping centers may open, except for leisure establishments.
Such establishments and services allowed to operate in malls and shopping centers may only operate at a limited capacity.
Persons with ages below 21 years old, and those 60 years old and above may not enter malls, except when obtaining essential goods and services.
The DTI may issue guidelines to limit foot traffic in such establishments.
Construction projects allowed during the GCQ in accordance with guidelines issued by the DPWH.
Essential public and private construction projects, such as but not limited to
- Water services facilities
- Digital Works
- Health Facilities
- Priority Projects
Amusement, gaming, and fitness establishments, as well as those in the kids and the tourism industries, may not operate during the GCQ.
No hotels or similar establishments shall be allowed to operate, except those accommodating the following:
- For areas outside Luzon, guests who have existing booking accommodations for foreigners as of May 1, 2020;
- Guests who have existing long-term booking;
- Distressed Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and stranded Filipinos or foreign nationals;
- Repatriated OFWs in compliance with approved quarantine protocols;
- Non-OFWs who may be required to undergo mandatory facility-based quarantine; and
- Healthcare workers and other employees from exempted establishments under these Omnibus Guidelines and applicable Memoranda from the Executive Secretary.
- Provided that in all of the foregoing, hotel operations shall be limited to the provision of basic lodging to guests.
Physical classes shall be suspended for the duration of the GCQ.
However, Higher Education Institutions may:
- Hold classes through flexible learning arrangements to finish AY 2019-2020
- Operate at a limited capacity to receive students’ requirements
- Prepare and issue credentials to students.
This is all subject to the guidelines as may be issued by the CHED.
Mass gatherings are still prohibited and highly discouraged under the GCQ
However, essential work gatherings and religious activities may continue as long as strict social distancing is maintained during the entirety of the event, subject to the following:
At least 2 meters distance between and among those attending.
Mandatory wearing of face mask, face shield, or other facial protective equipment by attendees.
Road, rail, maritime, and aviation sectors of public transportation shall operate at a reduced capacity in accordance with guidelines issued by the DOTr.
A strict 1-meter distance between passengers shall be observed in all public transports.
NOT ALLOWED TO GO OUT
Persons 60 years old and above are required to remain in their residences at all times, except when indispensable under the circumstances for obtaining essential goods and services or for work in permitted industries and offices.
All other previous guidelines on the ECQ are still in effect unless otherwise amended by the IATF and/or the President of the Philippines.