○ Open to all Filipinos aged 13 years old and above.
○ The theme of the contest is “Batangas Destinations”. The subject of the photo must be a place (natural or man-made), scenery or attraction within Batangas Province. The photo must help promote Batangas tourism.
○ Photo must be taken with a digital camera or DSLR from within Batangas Province. (example : Pictures of Taal Volcano taken from Tagaytay City are not qualified).
○ Photo must be taken during the competition period from January 1, 2012 up to the present. (Remember to set your camera’s date properly for proof of date on your digital file meta tags. Don’t put the date overlay on your photo.)
○ A photographer may submit up to three (3) entries, provided each photograph has a different subject.
○ Minor digital editing is acceptable. The only allowable global minor edits are burning, dodging, color correction, levels (brightness and contrast), black and white, and cropping. Oversaturated images are disqualified.
○ Entry or entries must be printed on 8×12” glossy photo paper without borders.
○ Print and accomplish the Entry Form (available at the Provincial Tourism Office or can be downloaded here) for every entry submitted. The entry no, photographer’s name, title of the entry, date shot, and location must be written at the back of the photo (you may use the photo form here and paste it to the back of your picture). There is no entry fee.
○ Provide a soft-copy of your entry and the RAW image (or unedited JPG) in a DVD. Use the following convention for naming your files
Last_Name,First_Name-Entry1.jpg and Last_Name,First_Name-Entry1-unedited.jpg,
Last_Name,First_Name-Entry2.jpg and Last_Name,First_Name-Entry2-unedited.jpg,
Last_Name,First_Name-Entry3.jpg and Last_Name,First_Name-Entry3-unedited.jpg
○ Place your printed entry or entries, Entry Form(s), and DVD in a long brown envelope. 1 Photographer = 1 Envelope.
Submit it to:
Ala Eh! Festival 2012 Photo Contest c/o JR Cantos
Provincial Tourism and Cultural Affairs Office
Batangas Provincial Capitol, Batangas City, Philippines 4200
○ Start of Submission is on October 15, 2012. Deadline of Submission is November 16, 2012.
○ The photos will be judged on the week starting November 19. Top 30 Finalists will be announced as soon as possible. Top 3 Winners will be announced and awarded on-site at Tanauan City, Batangas on December 8, 2012.
○ The decision of the board of judges is final and binding.
○ Winners and Finalists are encouraged to claim their prizes on December 8, 2012, the final day of the Ala Eh! Festival 2012 celebration (where more prizes for an on-site photo contest will be up for grabs). Winners may also claim their prizes from December 10-14, 2012 at the Provincial Tourism Office.
○ Top 30 Finalists shall grant non-exclusive rights to the photos to the Batangas Provincial Government (with watermarked name credit), with the Top 3 entries being automatically owned by the latter. After the contest, the Batangas Provincial Government may use the entries (with watermarked name credit) for the promotion of Batangas with permission and confirmation from participating photographers.
○ 1st Prize – P30,000 and Trophy
○ 2nd Prize – P20,000 and Trophy
○ 3rd Prize – P10,000 and Trophy
○ 27 Other Finalists (Non-Winners) – P1,000 and Certificate
○ Viewer’s Choice Award – P5,000
Criteria for Judging
○ Photographic/Technical Quality – 40%
○ Creativity – 40%
○ Relevance to the Theme – 20%