When someone speaks of Batangas, a rush of conversation on its beach resorts will normally run for a quite a few minutes. What else can people, especially tourists, expect from our province? Many. And we’ve got a dose of things to do in Batangas.
1. Resort-hopping. Batangas, aside from kapeng barako, is known for the beach resorts that attract most tourists both local and foreign. Some of the most exciting resorts in Batangas that we’ve been to ranges from new ones to almost decades-old ones. Resort features also vary and the services ranges from the basic to high-end.
Some of the many resorts the team had visited this year are:
- Residencia de Riego and Resort in Alitagtag
- Galilee Place Resort and Spa in Balete
- La Leona Resort in Lipa City
- Dive Solana in Mabini
2. Celebrate Batangas festivals. The team had been to various festivals in the province and for sure, we’ll get to see more of these festive events:
- Sublian Festival in Batangas City
- Sinukmani Festival in Rosario
- Anihan Festival in Lobo
- Kabakahan Festival in Padre Garcia
- Lambayok Festival in San Juan
- Parada ng Lechon in Balayan
And if you want to witness one grand celebration of all the festivals in Batangas, join the Ala Eh! Festival held every first week of December, having the culminating activities on December 8 – the founding anniversary of Batangas province.
3. Food trip. Have a taste of Batangas delicacies and the dishes popularized by Batangueños. Visit the following and try their specialties:
- Cafe de Lipa – kapeng barako
- Ala Fiesta Restaurant – Filipino cuisines
- Casa Rap – the infamous halo-halo and other organic dishes
- Gotohan sa Barangay – goto; Pinoy comfort food
- Rose & Grace – bulalo
- 3 Kids Lomi House – the popular Batangas lomi and other noodle dishes
- Letty’s – the red noodle called Pancit Tikyano
4. Church visit. Having Lipa City as the Rome of the Philippines, you can have a religious tour not only in Lipa but in other parts of the province as well. These are the most-visited churches in Batangas:
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, Lipa City
- Basilica od St. Martin de Tours, Taal
- Holy Trinity Church, Batangas City
- Basilica of the Immaculate Concepcion, Batangas City
- Redemptorist Church, Lipa City
- San Sebastian Cathedral, Lipa City
These are just four of the things you can do in Batangas. I shall have a second part of this article on Monday so drop by our site again for more exciting activities you can do here in Batangas. Ciao!