Visit the San Jose, Batangas page for all information on San Jose.
The municipality of San Jose celebrates Eggstravaganza Festival, the event that highlights the dominant business in town – poultry farming. Also, this is their way of thanking St. Joseph, their patron saint, for the success of their business.
The locals of San Jose celebrate the festival every April as part of the founding anniversary of the town. They celebrate it with street dancing, contests, programs, and fun-filled activities to entertain local folks and tourists.
One famous egg dish is ‘sinuam’, a soup that’s simple and healthy. Sinuam is a salty and gingery egg soup usually prepared for women who had just given birth.
To learn how to cook sinuam, my dad shares the recipe of this quick and easy soup popular in San Jose, Batangas.
Paraan ng pagluluto
1. Sa isang kaserola, maglagay ng apat na tasang tubig para sa apat na pirasong itlog.
2. Lagyan ng bawang, luya, pamintang buo, at asin.
3. Pakuluin ang tubig at ilagay ang mga itlog. Mas maigi kung isa-isa lang ang paglalagay ng itlog upang masigurong hindi ito masisira.
5. Patayin ang apoy kapag nailagay na ang lahat ng itlog.
6. Maaaring timplahan ng patis ayon sa panlasa.
Last Updated: September 6, 2013